Main operational partners
Samu Social’s vision is to provide emergency care to highly vulnerable street children and youths and to offer them shelter. Key to ensuring a continuity of support is the networking approach as well as the possibility of passing a case over to stakeholders specialising in reintegration. Samu Social has thus, over the years, established a vast network of associations and referral networks throughout the Senegalese territory as well as in neighbouring countries, in particular, Guinea Bissau.
In return, these associations benefit from support by Samu Social Senegal, which provides free treatment to their beneficiaries and organizes skills development programmes.
Furthermore, Samu Social Senegal continues to work in close collaboration with the AEMO (Educational Action in Open Spaces) initiative and with the Dakar Juvenile Unit. For home returns and monitoring of referrals, we also build on a large network of resource persons in the regions: village chiefs, imams, religious figures, health facility personnel and the Gendarmerie Nationale…
- The Justice Ministry, through the Directorate for Monitored Education and Social Protection (DESPS), with whom we have a partnership agreement, and the Dakar Juvenile Court. We have also developed a number of projects jointly with the Judiciary Training Centre (CFJ).
- The Ministry for Health and Social Action, with whom we have a partnership agreement to authorize the medical practice.
- The Ministry for Women, Family and Children Affairs, through a partnership agreement signed with the Directorate for the Rights and Protection of Children and Vulnerable Groups (DDPEGV).
- The Ministry of the Interior, which approves our two-year (2015-2016) Investment Plan.
- The Early Childhood Support Unit (CAPE, reporting directly to the Presidency)
- The City of Dakar, with whom we signed a partnership agreement in February 2014 and established a dialogue platform for the implementation of a joint action plan in support of the street children of Dakar.
- Sper (Solidarité pour les Enfants des Rues)
- Association Jeunesse Espoir (St Louis)
- Perspective Sénégal
- La Liane (St Louis)
- Enda Santé
- Enda Jeunesse Action
- La Lumière (Tambacounda, Kolda)
- Futur au Présent (Ziguinchor)
- Centre Ginddi
- Village Pilote
- Hôpital Militaire de Ouakam (HMO)
- Centre de Santé de Ouakam (CSO)
- Centre Hospitalier de l’Ordre de Malte (CHOM)
- Hôpital Principal de Dakar (HPD)
- Hôpital Aristide Le Dantec
- CHU Fann
- SOS Médecins Sénégal
- Institut d’Hygiène Sociale (IHS)
- Programme National de Lutte contre la Tuberculose (PNLT)
- Division de Lutte contre le Sida et les IST (DLSI)
- Hôpital psychiatrique de Thiaroye
Training and Teaching
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop (UCAD)
- Ecole Nationale des Travailleurs Sociaux Spécialisés (ENTSS)
- Centre de Formation Judiciaire (CFJ)
- Association des Juristes Sénégalaises (AJS)